2020 CAORC National Endowment for the Humanities Senior Research Fellowship
Deadline: January 23, 2020.
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Senior Research Fellowship supports advanced research in the humanities. Fellowship awards are for four to six consecutive months (i.e. you can hold the fellowship for four, five, or six consecutive months). Selected fellows are awarded $5,000 per month of the award.
Applicants must be U.S. citizens or foreign nationals who have resided in the U.S. for three years prior to the application deadline.
Applicants must hold a PhD.
Funding is not available for research conducted in the U.S.
It is not required that you be affiliated with a U.S. academic institution to apply.
Minority scholars and scholars from Minority Serving Institutions are strongly encouraged to apply.
Fellowship awards will not exceed $5,000 per month.
1. Applications can be accessed via orcfellowships.fluidreview.com. You must sign up for an account to access the application materials. This will allow you to save and return to your application before submitting. Please save your login/password information for future applications.
2. Project Description: In 1500 words or less, please describe the nature of your proposed project and your competence to carry out the required research. State your research question and the methods and procedures you will use to conduct your research. Be sure to describe the proposed methodology in clear terms. Give the reasons why your project requires your presence in the countries indicated, and note the facilities (e.g. libraries, museums, archives, field sites) that you plan to use while conducting your research. What relationship will you have with the host-country overseas research center? Finally, indicate the extent to which you have investigated other funding sources. Please note that those judging your application may not be specialists in your field. Please limit your narrative to 12-point font and 1-inch margins. Footnotes do not count against the word count.
3. Project Bibliography/Literature Review: You must submit a one-page bibliography or literature review outlining your project resources. CAORC does not have a preference for one format over another. Please clarify primary and secondary sources, and – where applicable – locations of listed material. Please note that additional pages will not be submitted to the review committee.
4. Letters of Recommendation: You must have two (2) letters of recommendation. You will be able to send a link to your recommenders via CAORC’s online grant portal, Fluid Review, and they will then be able to upload their letters. All references must be in English. Recommendations letters will be confidential in the system. The applicant is responsible for checking in with their recommenders to ensure the letters are submitted in time.
5. Curriculum Vitae: Three (3) pages maximum. Additional pages will not be submitted to the review committee. Please ensure that prior awards and language capacity are clearly noted.