2020 Adam Smith Fellowship at Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund for PhD Students
Deadline: March 15, 2020.
The Adam Smith Fellowship is a co-sponsored program of the Mercatus Center and Liberty Fund, Inc.
The aim of these fellowships is to introduce students to and encourage them to critically engage key thinkers in political economy that they might not otherwise encounter during their graduate studies. As such, Adam Smith
Adam Smith Fellowships are awarded to graduate students attending PhD programs at any university and in any discipline, including but not limited to economics, philosophy, political science, and sociology.
Adam Smith Fellows spend three weekends during the academic year and one week during the summer participating in workshops and seminars on the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy.
The total award of up to $10,000 includes a stipend and travel and lodging to attend colloquia hosted by the Mercatus Center. Adam Smith Fellows are eligible to re-apply each year of their studies, and are also eligible to apply for conference and research support.
The online application includes:
- A 1-2 page cover letter explaining:
- your graduate school career to date,
- your research and research interests,
- your familiarity with the thinkers associated with the Austrian, Virginia, and Bloomington schools of political economy, and
- what you hope to get out of the program.
- A current resume/CV
- A few short answer questions