2020 British Council IELTS Award for Greece Candidates
Deadline: June 1, 2020.
The British Council – proud co-owner of IELTS – has been administering the test in Greece and globally for over a quarter of a century, and is running the British Council IELTS Award for the sixth consecutive year.
Creating opportunities that can change lives, we launched the British Council IELTS Award in order to assist a high calibre individual who has a strong motivation to develop their career and who can demonstrate that they have the potential to contribute to society with their studies.
The award will enable the successful applicant to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level at an institution of higher education in Greece or abroad, or at a college or other provider of post-secondary education or vocational training in Greece, that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
To be eligible to apply for the British Council IELTS Award 2020 you must:
- be aged 18 years or over on 31 July 2020
- have taken an IELTS test at a British Council centre in Greece and received an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 11 June 2019 and 1 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Greece
- have achieved a minimum overall band score of 6.5, plus a minimum score of 6.5 in each of the four components of the IELTS test
- be planning to enrol on a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programme at a university or other institution of higher education in Greece or abroad, or on a course of study at a college or other provider of post-secondary education or vocational training in Greece, in the 2020–21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards), which accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements (check the official recognition list )
- be able to provide an acceptance letter from the relevant educational organisation by 6 July 2020.
The award is worth up to a maximum of £10,000 depending on the tuition fees of the institution attended by the winner and will go towards the cost of tuition fees of the individual’s selected course. The award applies only to courses in the 2020–21 academic year (i.e. starting August 2020 onwards) and will be paid directly to the institution.
- Take an IELTS test at a British Council authorised centre in Greece and receive an official Test Report Form (TRF) dated between 11 June 2019 and 1 June 2020 issued by the British Council in Greece.
- Complete and submit the online application form by 14.00 (Greek time) on 1 June 2020.