2020 British Council EFP Producers On The Move Program for European Producers
Deadline: March 9, 2020.
Producers on the Move, an EFP programme, supports up-and-coming producers from 20 European countries to strengthen their industry networks at the Cannes Film Festival.
Following a rigorous selection process, the successful producers take part in project pitching, one-to-one meetings, workshops, social events and an extensive press campaign, which includes online presentation and profiles in the international trades.
The programme is open to 20 producers from 20 different European countries. The final selection of the 20 participants is based on a point system based on these criteria:
- has experience in at least one international co-production. The selection process favours producers who have been majority producers in at least one but no more than three international co-productions
- has had a feature length film screened in the international section at a major festival
- has a strong project suitable for an international co-production.
The producer’s feature length film(s) have:
- been awarded best film in their home country (ie was the recipient of a national film award)
- had a theatrical release and/or a VoD / SVoD / DVD / TV release outside of the production countries involved.