2022 UK In Nigeria (FCDO) Procurement Officer Recruitment
Deadline: March 24, 2022.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. They do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Delivering a Quality Service (Customer Focus) – 35%
- Carry out procurement function for the BDHC
- Use Government Procurement Card (GPC) for Goods and services under £3,000
- Ensure internal control procedures are followed for GPC use
- Support Budget Monitors for payments
- Create requisitions for goods and services from agreed supplier list
- Work with the Contract Manager & Procurement Hub/CPG on contracts
- To ensure procurement is undertaken in line with FCO policies and principles. To support the Head of Procurement and senior leadership at post and across the network, to achieve financial compliance and integrity
Collaborating and Partnering (Working with Others) – 20%
Responsible for procurement at the BDHC liaising with stakeholders both internal and external to ensure the following;
- Resolving Invoices on hold
- Ensure goods received not invoiced (GRNI) are reconciled
- Creation, maintenance and update of distribution sets (DS)
- Creation and updating of supplier maintenance forms
- Lead on Procurement returns to the Centre for post
- Constant communication to ensure Post FPCI scores on Invoices on Hold, Accruals, Retrospective POs, Open POs and GPC are within the green category
- Raise requisitions for PAGs to maximize UK government collaboration
- Point of contact for Budget Monitors and Suppliers at post on procurement issues and guidance
Delivering at Pace (Problem Solving) – 10%
- Lead on asset disposal in addition to any other capital assets as advised by DHCS in line with policy
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Register for BDHC, Lagos
- Filing of all procurement paper work for audit purposes.
- Carry out weekly prism housekeeping.
- Track monthly spend on imprest and verify all account codes for each purchase to Accounts Department.
Delivering Value for Money (Delivering Results) – 35%
- Ensure the delivery of the Purchase 2 Pay (P2P) process at the BDHC
- Check a N350,000 value Imprest and receipt goods and services purchased on PRISM maintaining the segregation of duties policy
- Quality checks
- Consistency checks
- Maintain agreed supplier list in conjunction with the Procurement Hub
- Maintain records of suppliers and documentation
- Perform Supplier yearly market testing
- Lead procurement of capital expenditure at the BDHC, which includes generators, vehicles and other assets.
- Act as cover in charge of the stationary store in the absence of the CS assistant
- Resolve vendor grievances and claims
Provide procurement support services to both the Freight & travel and TWG departments in the absence of the responsible officers
- Any other responsibilities assigned by the Contract Manager/Team lead
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
- B.Sc. in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Previous procurement/contract management experience in a structured organisation
- Previous financial management experience
- Proficient in English
- Have a Master’s degree in any related field
- Be a member of CIPS with road map to completing the course
- Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace