2020 British Council #IdeasChangeLives Global Innovation Challenge
Deadline: January 10, 2020.
#IdeasChangeLives is our global innovation challenge to find digital solutions to some of the world’s greatest problems. They’re looking for people with a fresh, entrepreneurial spirit and a big idea that has the potential to make a positive impact for communities across the globe.
This year, we’re looking for ideas that help us to meet any or all of the targets within one of the three Global Goals for Sustainable Development below:
A. Goal 4: Quality education: Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
B. Goal 5: Gender equality: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
C. Goal 8: Decent work and economic growth: Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.
.1. The competition is open to anyone and everyone across the world. You can choose to apply as an individual or an organisation.
2. They accept ‘early stage’ applications, meaning you don’t necessarily need a working prototype when you make your application.
3. You don’t need to be working in the digital or technology sector to apply.
1. Funding to get your idea off the ground: £20,000 in prize money to develop your product, no matter what stage you’re at.
2. Support to help you succeed: Their team of digital experts will help you to develop your idea at your own pace. They’ll give you the opportunity to connect with others and develop further partnerships through access to global networks, events and sector expertise.
3. Mentorship for a full year: They tailor our support to suit you. You’ll get access to on-going mentorship from the British Council plus advice from subject matter experts on how to potentially grow and scale-up your idea.