2019 TWAS-SAREP Annual Regional Young Scientists’ Conference
Deadline: August 23, 2019.
The Kenya National Academy of Sciences (KNAS) in partnership with the World Academy of Sciences Sub-Saharan Africa Regional Partner (TWAS-SAREP) will be hosting the Annual Regional Young Scientists’ Conference from 23-25 October 2019 in Nairobi, Kenya. The theme for the conference is Water-Food-Climate/Energy Nexus and Policy in Africa. KNAS and its partners invites emerging/young scientists from sub-Saharan Africa to apply to participate in this multilateral conference. The conference is envisaged to bring about experts/senior scientists as key speakers, policy makers and young scientists to deliberate on topical issues affecting Africa.
The 2019 call for applications is open to emerging/young scientists and early career researchers from sub-Saharan Africa. Consideration will be given to applicants who meet the following criteria:
- Be from or working in sub-Saharan Africa
- Be under the age of forty (40)
- Be in possession of at least a Masters degree and enrolled for PhD
- Have research interests in the conference sub-themes
- Submit an abstract (online form) that is relevant to the conference theme
- Be willing to present and share current research results at the conference
- Applications from STLCs and LDCs are highly encouraged
1. KNAS and TWAS-SAREP invites submission of abstracts for oral and poster presentations in one of the aforementioned subthemes.
2. Applicants are advised to clearly articulate their focus and argumentation as well as demonstrate how their abstract will contribute towards critical understandings and further interrogation of their chosen subtheme.
3. The conference will be delivered in an inter-disciplinary approach and will go beyond recitation of scientific findings.
4. All applications inclusive of abstracts must be submitted online by 23 August 2019 at 16h00 Central African Time (CAT) using this link: Application Form.