2019 TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowship Programme
Deadline: July 15, 2019.
The International Centre for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) — comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Centre for Molecular and Drug Research in Karachi, Pakistan — and TWAS offer fellowships to young scientists from developing countries (other than Pakistan) who wish to pursue research towards a PhD in chemical and biological sciences.
Applicants for these fellowships must meet the following criteria:
- be a maximum age of 35 years on 31 December of the application year.
- hold a Master’s degree in a field of natural sciences;
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- provide a certificate of good health from a qualified medical doctor;
- be registered PhD students in their home country and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university (see sample);
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from the supervisor or head of department at ICCBS. Requests for acceptance must be directed to the Director of ICCBS (Prof. M.I. Choudhary at [email protected] or [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor. In contacting Prof. Choudhary, applicants must accompany their request for a preliminary acceptance letter with copy of their CV and a research proposal outline and two reference letters;
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members.
- TWAS-ICCBS Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable at the International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences (ICCBS) – comprising the H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry and the Dr. Panjwani Center for Molecular and Drug Research – for studies leading to a PhD degree in the following fields: organic chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular medicine, pharmacology, physical chemistry or analytical chemistry.
- Applicants must be registered for a PhD degree in their home country (SANDWICH option) in order to apply for the fellowship.
- The Fellowship may be granted for a minimum period of 6 months and a maximum period to be decided with ICCBS.
- ICCBS will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs, such as food, accommodation, local transportation and incidental minor illness. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- The language of instruction is English.