2019 British Council Digital Marketing Manager, Arts Recruitment
Deadline: July 7, 2019.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
Arts is a cornerstone of the British Council’s mission. We find new ways of connecting with and understanding each other through the arts, to develop stronger creative sectors around the world that are better connected with the UK. We believe arts and culture are vital to prosperous, secure societies, and that offering international cultural connections and experiences strengthens their resilience
The Digital Marketing Manager contributes to the development, and manages the implementation of, the central strategy for social media and digital campaigns across Arts globally, providing expert consultation and project support to art form and global teams on digital and social campaign management. You will lead on devising and delivering digital marketing campaign plans around key global programmes and themes, and driving the content and editorial strategy for the Arts website
- Devising and delivering digital marketing and social media campaign plans around key global programmes and themes and providing expertise and practical support to art form marketing managers on content marketing and digital campaigns.
- Shaping and implementing the platform strategy for the Arts website; working with Digital Marketing Coordinator to manage and maintain content.
- Working with the Lead Campaigns Marketing Manager to ensure central Arts messaging framework is adopted across digital platforms and channels and integrated into global and art form campaigns.
- Devising and implementing analytics processes and systems across central Arts and art form platforms and channels to form insights; producing regular reports to analyse effectiveness of activity, feeding into central digital, content and audience insight strategies.
- Managing strategy for central Arts newsletter(s) and working with the Lead Content and Digital Marketing Manager to oversee email marketing and use of e-marketing tools across Arts, providing support to art form Marketing Managers.
- Leading on the implementation of a social media and channels strategy, including overseeing the management and maintenance of British Council Arts Youtube channel; leading on strategy for paid campaigns across all Arts social channels, and providing support to art for Marketing Managers.
- Working with Lead Campaign Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Coordinator and art form Marketing Managers to ensure best practice in GDPR across all digital marketing activity.
- Managing relationships with key digital media partners and supporting the Lead Content and Digital Marketing Manager on media and content partnership initiatives, in liaison with Corporate Media and External Relations teams when appropriate.
- Experience in managing marketing and/or digital in an arts organisation or equivalent cultural institution.
- Experience of planning and evaluating marketing campaigns, including paid digital campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Extensive experience of social media marketing and devising and managing digital campaigns.
- Some experience of digital publishing and production.
- Experience of copywriting for web and social media for a variety of audiences and contexts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with and working knowledge of a variety of content management systems.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and stakeholders.