2020 FCO UK-Nigeria Tech Hub Operations Manager Recruitment
Deadline: December 10, 2019.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
The UK-Nigeria Tech Hub will be one of the first in a global network of international tech partnerships developed by the UK government’s Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) to build digital ecosystems that will facilitate sustainable economic growth and development. They follow the example of successful hubs elsewhere in the world, such as the UK-Israel Hub in Tel Aviv.
The Hub will have three main aims:
- deliver tailored interventions to cultivate digital skills responding to the needs and opportunities for inclusion in the local tech sector. This could include, for example, promoting opportunities for youth and women in the local tech sector;
- support tech entrepreneurship through partnerships with local digital ecosystem stakeholders including incubators, accelerators and private sector firms, Kenyan government departments and agencies and non-profit organisations
- facilitate partnerships between local tech firms (including tech start-ups) and international companies (across all sectors) in the form of commercial partnerships or joint ventures
- Providing administrative, coordination, communications support and project management of hub programmes
- Support the Hub’s work by planning and executing high profile events: assume a key role in planning projects and events such as business delegations, conferences and receptions. Work with external suppliers to negotiate venue hire, hotel bookings, tech support, produce materials etc.
- Support on design and implementing the Hub’s policies by establishing and maintaining standards, systems and procedures
- Support on monitoring, reporting, learning and evaluation processes for the hubs programmes
- Lead work on all logistical and administrative components for the Hub’s activities
- Preparing briefing materials, marketing material and travel arrangements, and engagement opportunities for the Hub Team to promote its work effectively
- Process payments and manage Hub’s procurement process and budget
- Developing relationships with local tech firms, start-ups and wider tech sector stakeholders, using these to support the delivery and development of new partnerships and programmes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- IT literate, and able to learn how to use new IT systems quickly
- Strong administrative and/or project management experience
- Well organised with good attention to detail
- Able to work flexibly and pick up corporate processes quickly
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Confident at decision making, within agreed boundaries
- Interest in the innovation and technology sector
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing, with internal and external stakeholders
- Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace