2019 DFID Nigeria Governance, conflict and social development (GCSD) team Programme Manager Recruitment
Deadline: October 4, 2019.
DFID Nigeria are looking for a passionate and experienced programme manager to lead the programme delivery and financial management of DFID Nigeria’s Governance, Conflict and Social Development portfolio. You will work with Civil Society Organisations, INGOs, multilaterals and private sector partners on existing programmes, and support the development, contracting and mobilisation of in-design programming. You will play a significant role in supporting and developing other programme staff in the team and provide wider programme management leadership and mentoring across DFID Nigeria.
1. Proven programme management experience.
2. Proven leadership and effective people management skills.
3. Strong written and oral communication skills.
4. Resilience and ability to work under pressure in a supportive but busy and challenging environment.
5. Excellent team player.
6. Policy experience and skills, with knowledge of Governance, Conflict and Social Development.
7. Experience in dealing with a range of DFID external partners and stakeholders, including World Bank, Civil Society Organisations and INGOs.
8. Making Effective Decision: Using evidence from a range of sources to make difficult
decisions on how to effectively manage risk and deliver high
quality development programmes.
9. Developing self and others: Leading a programme management team, setting direction, and building capability in the governance, conflict and social
development programme management team
10. Financial Management: Managing resources effectively; promoting a culture of financial rigour and compliance; achieving VFM, transparency and
accountability; and applying robust financial management and decision making throughout the project cycle.
They are looking for an experienced programme manager who is ready for a challenging next role, delivering 2 of DFID Nigeria’s flagship programmes, and helping us to achieve best practice in programme management.