2019 Active Citizenship in Education Award for Nigerians
Deadline: March 31, 2019.
You know someone making a difference in Nigeria’s education sector? Nominate him/her to be publicly honoured as an Active Citizen.
Active Citizenship in Education Award is a bi-annual public recognition and award for Nigerians living in Nigeria who go above and beyond their civic duties to contribute to removing barriers and improving access to quality education for children and young people in Nigeria. The recognition will hold twice a year (June and December). The purpose of this initiative is to create awareness about the importance of quality education in national development, and encourage all citizens to regularly take actions (online or offline) that contribute to achieving quality education for all, i.e. the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 in Nigeria.
- Anyone Nigerian living in Nigeria can be nominated for the award.
- Activities of the nominees must be in Nigeria, including beneficiaries.
- There is no age limit.
- Self-nomination is allowed and highly encouraged.
- The number of times a person is nominated does not by any way influence the outcome of the selection process.
1. The winner will receive a recognition certificate, a plaque.
2. Fifty Thousand Naira (N50, 000) cash gift plus other prizes in support of the winner’s education advancement activities.
- Call for nominations opens on the 1st of January 2019 and closes on the 31st of March, 2019.
- All nominations received will be screened by in-house team and valid nominations are presented to the judges for selection to the next round.
- The next round will be an online one-way video interview with the judges’ selected nominees.
- Four nominees will be selected as finalists and put to public votes. The nominee with the highest public votes becomes the award recipient.
- The winner will be announced during our education e-conference tagged ‘Education is Key’ on June 29 2019.
- Unsuccessful nominees can be re-nominated for future wards.
The finalists will be selected based on significant contribution to the education sector in Nigeria either through individual efforts or through the nominee’s corporate entity activities which will be deduced from the nomination form received and further interview with selected nominees.