2020 World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) Awards for Educational Projects
Deadline: January 20, 2020.
Each year, the WISE Awards recognize and promote six successful innovative projects that are addressing global educational challenges. Since 2009, WISE has received more than 3,000 applications from over 150 countries. Today, 60 projects have been awarded, from a wide variety of sectors and locations for their innovation, positive contribution and ability to adapt and scale up.
This new promotion of 2020 WISE Awards will identify, celebrate, and promote six innovative projects for their positive contribution to education and society. The Awards highlight initiatives found to be most creative and effective in finding solutions to education challenges at any level and in all environments. In bringing forward these models, WISE is helping build a network of recognized change-makers to inspire transformation and innovation in education.
The 2020 WISE Awards submission procedure accepts both applications and nominations.
1. Ongoing/existing education projects run by any type of organization such as colleges, universities, academic networks, schools consortia, civil society and community organizations, governments, international agencies and private-sector companies working in the field of education are invited to apply or nominate.
2. Projects can also belong to any education sector such as pre-primary, primary, secondary, tertiary, vocational training, higher education, special needs education, education for people with disabilities, informal learning, and distance-based, non-formal and lifelong learning.
3. Finally, projects from any part of the world can apply or be nominated for the WISE Awards.
4. APPLICATIONS: Applications should be for original works and projects, and should be submitted by a representative working within the project. All applicants should therefore guarantee that their organization, or they themselves, originated the project, and should not hold WISE liable for any action or claim from a third party with respect to the project submitted.
5. NOMINATIONS: Nominations can be submitted by persons external to the organization running the project, this could be a beneficiary, partnering organization, government agency…etc. Nominators will be requested to identify themselves in the submission form, although this information will be kept confidential by WISE, nominators may or may not request information from the project in order to best fill out the nomination form. However, WISE will contact nominated projects if they are shortlisted for the Pre-Jury evaluation.
- The deadline for submission of applications is January 20, 2020, 13.00 GMT.
- The Pre-Jury will review all eligible applications.
- The shortlisted Finalists will be announced in May 2020.
- An Innovation Assessment will be organized, as described below.
- The Jury will review the finalists based on the submitted forms and the evaluations conducted onsite.
- Announcement of the six winners mid-October 2020.
- The six winners will be visited onsite by the WISE film team starting October 2020.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://www.wise-qatar.org/wise-works/wise-awards/