2020 Active Citizenship in Education Award for Young Nigerians
Deadline: March 31, 2020.
Do you know a young person making a difference in Nigeria’s education sector? Nominate him/her to be publicly honoured as an Active Citizen in Education.
Active Citizenship in Education Award is a periodic public recognition and award for young Nigerians living in Nigeria who go above and beyond their civic duties to contribute to removing barriers and improving access to quality education for children and young people in Nigeria. The purpose of this initiative is to create awareness about the importance of quality education in national development and encourage all citizens to regularly take actions (online or offline) that contribute to achieving quality education for all, i.e. the UN Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 4 in Nigeria.
- Any Nigerian between the ages of 15 and 35, living in Nigeria can be nominated for the award.
- Activities of the nominees must be in Nigeria, including beneficiaries.
- Self-nomination is allowed and highly encouraged.
- The number of times a person is nominated does not by any way influence the outcome of the selection process.
The winner will receive a recognition e-certificate and an ACE Award Plaque. With possible other benefits from partners.
- Next call for nominations opens on the 1st of February 2020 and closes on the 31st of March, 2020.
- All nominations received will be screened by in-house team and valid nominations are presented to the judges for selection to the next round as semi-finalists.
- The next round will be an online one-way video interview with the semi-finalists.
- Four nominees will be selected from the semi-finalists after the interview as finalists and put to public votes. The nominee with the highest public votes becomes the award recipient.
- Unsuccessful nominees can be re-nominated for future awards.