2021 Peace First Fellows in Residence Fellowship Program for Emerging Social Change Leaders
Deadline: June 4, 2021.
The Fellows in Residence Program is a paid, year-long Fellowship for emerging social change leaders who aspire to build a movement of youth working for change. They search the world for young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises, made significant positive change in their community and are looking for their next leadership opportunity as they work towards a lifelong career as a leader in the social sector. Through a competitive application process, they select an exceptional cohort of young people (under age 26) who join the Peace First team for one year to lead our programs in their home region.
Fellows in Residence lead Peace First’s programs in their region, working to mobilize and support hundreds of young leaders in their community as knowledgeable yet approachable near-peers. Job duties of a Fellow in Residence include:
- Designing and implementing recruitment strategy in their region
- Mobilizing and managing volunteer Ambassadors to meet regional goals
- Providing feedback and support to a large portfolio of youth project leaders
- Reviewing and approving all mini-grant applications within their region
- Developing and managing partnerships with organizations in their region
- Serving as a coach for Accelerator grantees
- Hosting Labs, Community Calls and other trainings for young people
- Speaking on behalf of Peace First
- Supporting the design of new and improved Peace First programming
- Contributing to organizational fundraising and storytelling efforts
- Open to young people (under age 26)
- Open to young people who have led movements, campaigns, nonprofits, and social enterprises, made significant positive change in their community
- Open to young people from MENA, Asia and Oceania, UK & Europe and Sub-Saharan Africa
- During their year of service, Fellows-in-Residence receive competitive pay, professional development funding, mentorship and training and travel opportunities.
- They join a global Community of Practice, collaborating with other Fellows in Residence from around the world who become a critical source of support, guidance, feedback and friendship on their journey.
- Over the course of the year, Fellows in Residence grow their networks within and beyond their region and build skills across many different domains critical to social change leadership.
Follow links below to apply for the region you’re interested in.
Fellow in Residence: Asia and Oceania
Fellow in Residence: Middle East and North Africa
Fellow in Residence: Sub-Saharan Africa
Fellow in Residence: UK & Europe
You can view our current team of Fellows in Residence here.