2020 University of Cambridge Centre of African Studies Visiting Research Fellowships
Deadline: April 6, 2020.
The Centre of African Studies, with the generous assistance of the Isaac Newtown Trust and the Philomathia Africa Programme, is pleased to announce one Visiting Research Fellowship to be held at the University of Cambridge. The Cambridge Centre of African Studies invites applications for a Visiting Research Fellowship. The aim of the Fellowship is to enable the fellow to focus on a period of research and writing while based at the Centre in Cambridge.
1. Applicants’ research interests should touch on one or more of the broad themes of environment, energy, land, or climate change. Reflecting the interdisciplinary nature of the Philomathia Africa Programme,
2. They welcome candidates with expertise in any field in the social sciences, arts or humanities.
3. The applicant should have a PhD submitted at the time of application.
4. Preference will be given to early- to mid-career candidates with an accomplished or highly promising research profile.
5. Candidates must hold a teaching or research position at an African university.
1. The appointment is four months, with a start date between 1 October 2020 and 15 January 2021; it is non-renewable.
2. The award is worth up to £12,000, out of which visa, travel, accommodation and maintenance costs will be paid.
This application package contains the following:
• a copy of the notice of award
• guidance on the information required in your curriculum vitae
• guidance on the type of project details required
• guidance for you to pass to your referees.
Your application must include the following:
• your curriculum vitae including details of publications; • your project details
• a photocopy of your PhD certificate (if applicable)
• a photocopy of your passport
• two references to be sent directly by your referees to the Director, University of Cambridge, Centre of African Studies, Alison Richard Building, 7 West Road, Cambridge CB3 9DT, UK. E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org Completed applications mustbe sent either by e-mail orinhardcopy to:
E-mail: email@example.com UniversityofCambridge Centre of AfricanStudies AlisonRichardBuilding 7 West Road Cambridge CB3 9DT UK