2021 IBM Quantum Community Advocate Internship Program in South Africa
IBM Quantum is an industry first initiative to build universal quantum computers for business, engineering and science. This effort includes advancing the entire quantum computing technology stack, exploring applications to make quantum broadly usable and accessible, and growing the field of quantum computing. With a worldwide network of Fortune 500 companies, academic institutions, researchers, educators, and enthusiasts, they are committed to driving innovation for our clients in the IBM Q Network and the Qiskit Community, while helping to build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive quantum workforce.
You will be part of a team whose mission is to grow the quantum computing workforce in a variety of constituencies around the world. As an IBM Quantum Community Advocate Intern, you will collaborate with a multi-disciplinary, global team of developers, designers, researchers, and engineers to bring quantum computing experience to a wide audience. If you are self-motivated, curious, and love to share your passion for technology with others, they have the right opportunity for you!
IBM Quantum interns will have the opportunity to:
- Learn how companies conduct quantum computing research
- Work on meaningful problems in the field of quantum computing
- Receive mentorship from IBM researchers and others
- Collaborate with peers working in the field of quantum computing
- Get access to state-of-the-art quantum processors and devices at IBM
- Gain a broad experience in quantum research, from fundamental to applied
- Get exposure to the wide range of research happening at IBM
- Receive training on Qiskit and mentorship on contributing to open source
- Experience in community building, through formal work or volunteer programs
- Formal education of informal exposure to quantum computing fundamentals.
- Use of (or exposure to) the Qiskit quantum computing framework
- Experience with the Python programming language
- Participation in the Qiskit Advocates Program
- Coursework or projects in quantum information, computation, or algorithms
- Associate’s Degree/College Diploma