2021 Halcyon Incubator Fellowship for Early-Stage Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: April 9, 2021.
Halcyon Incubator Fellowship! Halcyon equips early-stage social entrepreneurs, like you, with the support needed to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures.
They do this by providing space, community, and access: The physical and mental space to focus on your venture. Connection to a community of entrepreneurs + world class-class experts. Access to a thriving innovation ecosystem and vital pro-bono resources.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, you:
- Must be the CEO or primary decision-maker for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the five-month residency phase (September 2021-January 2022)
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be in startup idea, MVP, or pilot phase
- Must have less than $500,000 annual revenue
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change
- Cannot be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
- Can apply with up to two Co-Founders who meet the above eligibility requirements.
The physical and mental space you need tofocus on your venture and achieve your full potential.
- Five months of free housing at the historic Halcyon House in Washington, D.C.
- Eighteen months of free workspace at Halcyon, followed by access to an affordable coworking space in Washington, D.C.
- Shared meeting spaces, including formal board rooms, and creative spaces
- The mental space to think, brainstorm, learn, and receive supportive feedback
The journey of an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience ups and downs; we understand that and are here to provide you with the support you need along the way. Halcyon fellows join a thriving community of inspiring creators, innovators, and changemakers.
- Live and work alongside a diverse cohort of founders who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends.
- Be welcomed into a community of 100+ Halcyon Incubator Fellows who have come before you, are cheering for you, and are prepared to shine a light on the path ahead of you.
- Be paired with an experienced, industry-specific mentor, who provides weekly guidance, accountability to achieve goals, and support during the residency phase.
- Be surrounded by opportunities to build your network and to nurture relationships with current and past Fellows, and Halcyon’s broader network, including world-class mentors, advisors, seasoned company builders, and leaders from across industries.
It takes a village to bring your innovation to life. We understand that.We connect you with the ecosystem required to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise, including key partners to advise, directly support, and provide crucial exposure for your venture.
- $10,000 stipend to cover living expenses at Halcyon during the residency phase.
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders at kickoff and final showcase events
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events
- More/more than 100 hours of:
- Strategy and operations consulting provided by Deloitte
- Legal and business advice from Arnold and Porter
- Technical advice and hosting credits from Amazon Web Services
- One-on-one leadership coaching provided in partnership with The HR Sage
Click here to start your application today for the Fall 2021 Cohort.