2020 Halcyon Incubator Fall Fellowship for Early Stage Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: April 8, 2020.
The Halcyon Incubator program equips early-stage social entrepreneurs with the support they need to transform audacious ideas into scalable and sustainable ventures. We do this by providing three things: space, community, and access.
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, you:
- Must be the CEO or primary decision-maker for the venture’s development and management
- Must be able to make a full-time commitment to work on the venture during the residency phase from September 8, 2020 to January 15, 2021
- Must be able to postpone any undergraduate or graduate course work during the residency phase
- Must already live or work in the U.S. or be able to obtain a visa for the residency phase
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the start of the program
To be eligible for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture:
- Must be an original idea of the applicant(s)
- Must be in startup idea, MVP, or pilot phase
- Must have less than $500,000 annual revenue
- Must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not under the direction of an existing organization
- Must have plans for a sustainable business model to generate revenue by selling a core product or service
- Can be a for-profit, hybrid, or undecided venture, as long as the core mission is to create measurable social change
- Cannot be a 501(c)(3) non-profit venture
- Can apply with up to two Co-Founders who meet the above eligibility requirements.
Space – The Halcyon Incubator was founded to ensure that all social entrepreneurs, regardless of their economic background, can succeed. We give you physical and mental space, so you can focus more of your energy on your venture and achieving your full potential.
- Five months of free housing at Halcyon at 3400 Prospect St NW Washington, DC 20007 from September 8, 2020 to January 15, 2021
- Eighteen months of free workspace at Halcyon, followed by affordable coworking options at Halcyon Arts Lab
- Shared meeting spaces including formal board rooms and creative spaces
- Additional meeting spaces, performance spaces, and free parking at Halcyon Arts Lab
- Makerspace access at the Georgetown University Maker Hub
Community – The journey of an entrepreneur is long and winding. You will experience many ups and downs, and we understand that you will need lots of support along the way. The Halcyon Incubator builds a community of support around Fellows through our unique residential program, extensive post-residency Fellow community, and a robust network of world-class mentors and advisors. These mentors and advisors are seasoned entrepreneurs, experienced change-makers, and leaders across sectors.
- Entrepreneurs live and work alongside a diverse cohort of founders who quickly become consultants, confidants, and close friends
- Join a family of 100+ Halcyon Fellows who have come before you and are prepared to shine a light on the path ahead of you
- Each venture is paired with an experienced, industry-specific mentor who provides weekly guidance, accountability to achieve goals, and support during the residency phase
- Opportunities for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and drinks with Fellows and Halcyon’s broader network to build and nurture relationships
Access – You need an ecosystem to build, grow, and sustain a social enterprise. The Halcyon Incubator connects entrepreneurs with key partners to advise and directly support Fellows’ ventures and provide crucial exposure.
- $10,000 stipend during the residency phase
- During the course of the program, Fellows receive more than 100 hours of:
- Opportunities to present directly to ecosystem stakeholders, press, and potential funders at kickoff and final showcase events
- Access to a wide range of innovators, influencers, and community figures through conferences and events