2020 SDG Global Festival of Action for Young Leaders working in relation to the SDGs Goals
Deadline: March 1, 2020.
Five years into the agenda, 2020 will be a key critical for accelerating progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals. 2020 is also the kick start of the Decade of Action announced by the UN Secretary-General and marks the UN’s 75th anniversary. The 2020 edition of the SDG Global Festival of Action will be a milestone to raise the visibility and impact of these global initiatives, with great focus on local and innovative actions and solutions that can lead to transformative change toward the SDGs.The SDG Global Festival of Action is a ground-breaking event designed by and for the international SDG action community and powered by the UN SDG Action Campaign with the support of the German Federal Government and partners to bring together SDGs activists, artists, innovators and leaders from the different sectors to connect and find new ways to inspire individuals and organizations to take action for people and the planet.
1. The SDG Global Festival of Action brings together government leaders, local authorities, international organizations, civil society, activists, young advocates, the creative industry and the private sector– all working to scale up the impact of their work and strategize joint actions, whilst motivating new organizations and individuals to join the movement and take action for the SDGs.
2. If you are working on SDG campaigning, communications, advocacy, liaison, education, implementation or awareness raising, they want to hear from you!
3. They are keen to bring people together who are acting towards the achievement of the SDGs from a variety of sectors and regions to foster true collaboration and joint up actions.
1. THE BIG PICTURE: High-level plenaries unite leaders from the United Nations, national and local government officials, progressive thinkers, activists and well known change-makers to discuss the political landscape, the importance of collaboration, how local solutions lead to global transformation, and how to harness the power of the ‘SDG Generation’ for the Decade of Action.
2. BUILD KNOWLEDGE: Each year the Festival offers content focused on deepening participants’ knowledge of the SDGs. Hear key lessons from experts, take a deeper look into policies related to climate action, gender equality and fighting inequalities, and become inspired by revolutionary ideas and actions changing the landscape of sustainable development.
3. CONNECT AND MEET: The Festival unites the global SDG community, and when we are together, ideas grow, collaborations begin and change is triggered. This year, we’re leveraging this unique energy. Along with the popular demo spaces, we are hosting facilitated networking sessions and offering networks and alliances to hold private strategy meetings, all with the intention to expand our impact.
4. BROADCAST AND DISSEMINATE: You’re doing great work to advance the SDGs and we want to share your story! Live streamed throughout the Festival, the SDG Live Studio is host to strategic launches, TED-style talks focused on SDG Action and interviews with influential experts. Media partners and content creators utilize the Media Zone to tell the highest quality stories coming out of the Festival about the SDG community.
5. EXPERIENCE AND EXPLORE: The Exhibition Zone is where to find the most interactive and immersive experiences. Here you can explore hands-on experiences related to transforming local action into global impact. Featuring art showcases, live performances and demonstrations, installations, Virtual and Augmented Reaility Journeys, this dedicated space will provide a feast for the eyes, the ears and the mind to delve into the Decade of Action!
6. CELEBRATE: This festival is no different than others when it comes to celebrations! After full days of sessions, experiences and media moments, connect with old and new festival friends for two evenings of connections and cultural experiences unlike other events where we celebrate what brought us all together—a passion for achieving the SDGs.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://globalfestivalofaction.org/