2020 Women Deliver Young Leaders Program for Young Advocates Worldwide
Deadline: March 13, 2020.
The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects outstanding young advocates with the platforms, the people, and the resources that can amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality.
The award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program connects passionate young advocates with the platforms, people, and resources to amplify their influence on a larger scale. With an emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights, Women Deliver elevates the work of young people taking a stand for gender equality. Since its inception, the program has worked with 700 young advocates from 138 countries who are on the front lines of initiatives to advance gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women.
In order to meet the requirements of the program, applicants MUST:
- Be between the ages of 15-28 at the start of the program (1 May 2020)
- Be proficient in English
- Have regular access to email and the internet
- Have a valid passport, or be willing to acquire one at own expense, and be able to travel internationally
- Have access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
They welcome applications from passionate and diverse advocates for gender equality from all across the globe, including applicants:
- From all levels of experience with advocacy work who are committed to advancing gender equality through avenues such as policy change, community organizing, journalism and media, law, academia, research, medical and healthcare provision, and other relevant sectors
- Whose work focuses on sexual and reproductive health and rights or other gender equality issues, such as economic opportunity, political participation, violence prevention, access to education, nutrition, maternal health, climate change, and more
- Who identify as: LGBTQIA+; belonging to an indigenous community; living with a disability; ethnic or religious minorities; living with HIV; forcibly displaced from or within their country; older adolescents ages 15-19; residing in rural areas or secondary cities; or other historically marginalized populations
Women Deliver Young Leaders also gain:
• Global visibility as champions for the health and rights of girls and women through media and communications opportunities.
• Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other Women Deliver Young Leaders, Alumni, and activists around the world.
• Membership to the Women Deliver Young Leaders Alumni Network for continued learning, networking, and support upon successful completion of the program.
OFFICIAL LINK: https://womendeliver.org/youth/young-leaders-program/apply/