2020 EuroDig Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) for Young Europeans
Deadline: February 21, 2020.
The Youth Dialogue on Internet Governance (YOUthDIG) is a yearly pre-event to the European Dialogue on Internet Governance (EuroDIG) aimed to foster active youth participation.
This year, both meetings are hosted at the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics in Trieste, Italy. We will gather 30+ young people from all over Europe for a 3-day YOUthDIG programme (June 8-10, 2020) and EuroDIG (June 11-12, 2020) in which we are going to discuss key topics of Internet governance and policy, network with experts, and draft the 2020 Youth Messages. These messages are policy recommendations, and will be presented at EuroDIG, and the UN Internet Governance Forum.
- Between 18-30 years old;
- Residing in Europe
- Showing interest in Internet governance, and motivation to actively participate in YOUthDIG and EuroDIG
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner during YouthDIG (8-10 June)
- Travel costs (No local transportation)
- Housing in the ICTP Guesthouse (shared rooms) from June 7 (arrival day) to June 13 (departure day) 2020.
If you are selected, have completed the whole programme and have requested travel support, your travel costs will be reimbursed at the meeting.
After confirming their participation, the participant must proceed with booking their travel to Trieste as soon as possible, getting closer to the event date ticket prices will rise and availability will be lower, bookings must be made before the 20th of March. We will provide you with a booking recommendation.
Please complete the application form before the deadline to be considered.
The selection process by the EuroDIG Secretariat and the YOUthDIG Planning Team will be completed by March 8, 2020. All applicants will be notified. Successful applicants have to confirm their participation, otherwise the spot will be given to someone on the waiting list.
In order to receive funding (travel, accommodation, meals), participants have to:
- participate in preliminary webinars (dates TBA)
- actively participate in YOUthDIG and EuroDIG onsite
- be a remote moderator in at least one EuroDIG session (Please see the draft programme at the wiki.)