2020 International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition for Students from all Countries
Deadline: April 17, 2020.
The International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition is an international science competition that enables students from all countries to prove their skills and to unleash their creativity in the fields of astronomy and astrophysics. IAAC gives you the unique opportunity to apply your skills to challenging problems. Participants can receive certificates, awards, cash prizes, and global recognition.
In order to participate in the International Astronomy and Astrophysics Competition, you have to be a high-school or university student. Students from all grades and all countries are invited to participate! There are two age categories:
- Junior: under 18 years on 17. April 2020 (submission deadline)
- Youth: over 18 years on 17. April 2020 (submission deadline)
Depending on your age category you will have to score more points to qualify for the next round. To solve the problems you should be interested in astronomy, smart, and creative. You should also have a working internet connection to submit your solution online via the submission form: Qualification Round 2020
1. All participants receive participation certificates.
2. The best students receive the 1. prize, 2. prize, and 3.
3. prize with a cash award of 200 USD, 150 USD, and 100 USD. Furthermore, the most outstanding participants from each global region (Africa, America, Europe, Greater Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia) receive the 1., 2. and 3. regional award to honor their excellence.
4. There are also special school awards and awards for ambassadors.