2019 IEEE $1Million Challenge Call for Proposals
Deadline: August 1, 2019.
Ideas are bigger today—and they should be. Technology is progressing faster than ever before. IEEE members have always created advancements that allow us to keep up with the changing world. The IEEE New Initiatives Committee (NIC) is looking for your help with the next big idea.
IEEE is looking for fresh ideas, innovations, and new concepts for:
- Broadening membership through engagement
- Enhancing education in underserved communities
- Experimenting with new style events
IEEE is not looking for just your ideas; turn your ideas into real solutions. That is what IEEE members do best and how you make a difference in the world. Creative and potentially disruptive approaches are encouraged—IEEE wants your outside-the-box, groundbreaking, and world-shattering ideas and solutions.
1. A preliminary proposal in response to this call may be submitted by one or more IEEE members, volunteers, or IEEE organizational units (OUs), individually or in cooperation with an IEEE staff group.
2. IEEE NIC will look more favorably on proposals sponsored cooperatively by multiple OUs than it will on other proposals.
3. IEEE OUs are encouraged to cooperate with each other on proposal submissions.
1. The timeline for submitting a full proposal and project plan will be negotiated between IEEE NIC and the proposal/initiative leader. Download the IEEE New Initiative Proposal Application.
2. Please send submissions to the New Initiatives Committee (NIC) by email at NewInitiatives@ieee.org. Note: Include “$1 Million Challenge Submission” in the subject line of the email for easy identification.