2020 British Deputy High Commission in Lagos Entry Clearance Assistant Recruitment
Deadline: March 4, 2020.
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. They promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Affix visas printed by visa writers. Assure the security and integrity of visa writing processes according to UKVI policy and guidance
- Process refusal decisions sent by UK decision-making teams, and ensure compliance with guidance to assure security, integrity and quality of decision dispatch processes
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist visa writers by checking visa details against passports and affixing visas in correct passports;
- Take responsibility for matching printed refusals with correct passports in readiness for sealing according to procedures;
- Take responsibility for sealing matched refusals, first checking details match in accordance with procedures;
- Help dispatch officers to pull out passports from passport bank against manifests received, flagging up any cases which are not located immediately for further checks;
- Perform other ad-hoc duties to support business delivery and wider 1HMG platform
- Good standard of IT
- Excellent written English skills
- Previous experience working in a Visa Section or official Government office
- Changing and Improving, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace