2020 British Deputy High Commission Abuja IT & Admin Support Officer Recruitment
Deadline: March 12, 2020
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
- Provide administrative support to the Deputy Head of Mission and Head of Corporate Services (diary management, event planning and travel bookings)
- Support the Deputy Head of Mission with planning internal events for all teams at the British Deputy High Commission (BDHC) and with internal communications
IT Support Officer:
- Create, manage and upgrade IT accounts
- Manage distribution lists, WhatsApp groups and shared mailboxes
- Assist train BDHC staff on new software, such as Microsoft Teams
- Manage Lagos IT Helpdesk Mailbox and our internal customer service software, Lagos Enquirer
- Work closely with the IT Helpdesk at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office logging and managing calls and ensuring our Service Level Agreements are met
- Responsible for IT supplies and managing the IT equipment store, ensuring inventories are up to date and we have enough stock
- Set up and manage standalone IT terminals (systems not on our internal network) across the BDHC
- Help manage the move of IT equipment and systems from our current office to our new premises (from 2021)
Resources Managed (Staff and Expenditure):
- Manage the IT equipment store
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications including Microsoft Outlook, Office Online, SharePoint, Teams, Microsoft Excel, Flow, Microsoft Visio, OneNote, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Foundational understanding of Data Networking.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Ability to touch type
- ITIL V4 Foundation certified
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
NGN 405, 972