2020 Student Network Organization Exchange Program
Deadline: February 15, 2020.
Since 2017 we have been providing SNO students with an opportunity to apply for an exchange program at the annual TUFH conference co-hosting university. The exchange program provides, on average, two students with a chance to participate in health system placement in another country, and usually on another continent! The SNO Exchange has been a collaboration between GEMx and SNO in the past years. The 2020 SNO Exchange is a collaboration between SNO, TUFH and the local co-host: UNAM and powered by ECFMG & FAIMER
For the TUFH 2020 SNO Exchange we expect to work with a group consisting of students from various backgrounds and professions. The collaboration will consist of two parts: 1. digital collaboration and 2. on-site visits.
- Ideally second year or older students
- SNO/GEMx member with membership certificate (become SNO member here)
- Currently enrolled students with a valid student ID
- Legally allowed to leave your university
- Commit your time maximumly to the exchange
- Winners of Student Projects for Health, Projects that Work, and GEMx regional exchange grants, will not be considered for the exchange program.
- Past winners will not be considered for the exchange program.
- Student must receive a VISA for Mexico, if needed.
- Student must participate in all online collaborations prior to TUFH 2020, or the exchange will be cancelled!
- The winner will need to provide all documents required by UNAM and the Mexican Governement
1. The winner(s) receives fully paid travel and accommodation for the duration of the exchange as well as during the TUFH conference, the conference registration, and a health care department placement.
2. Full sponsorship includes fully paid registration fee, hostel accommodation, and economy travel. You agree to abide by all local laws of the country and the terms of your Visa to Mexico.
3. Write a blog every about their exchange in the TUFH Online Community
4. Receive their award at the ECFMG/FAIMER Cocktail Reception at TUFH 2020
5. Provide feedback for the next year on the Exchange (as follow up)
When applying students will need to provide:
1. SNO membership certificate or Institutional school from GEMx
2. Student ID
3. Letter of recommendation from dean / faculty member
4. Letter of commitment to complete the exchange (both the digital collaboration and the on-site visit) and attend the TUFH 2020 conference
6. Profile photo
7.Motivation letter, including, but not restricted to, answers to the following questions:
Why should you receive this award? What makes you stand out from other health sciences students? What are some characteristics of the health system in your country?
OFFICIAL LINK: https://tufh2020.com/faimer-sno-exchange/