2020 Call for Proposals for Research Projects on Land Governance in the Arab Region
Deadline: July 15, 2020.
The Arab region is undergoing a decade of profound change and challenges. Noticeable progress in some countries and some sectors is clouded by the spiraling into social unrest, economic instability and violent conflict in others. With a growing frequency, yet unmet expectations of governance outputs across all sectors, results destabilization. Increasing knowledge about land and the way it is accessed, used and governed is key to understand the socio-economic transformations, societal changes and the various types of conflicts occurring in the Arab region
- Master and PhD students (social science, economics, law, multi-disciplinary land-related programmes, etc.) with interest in land management and land-related topics in one or several countries in the Arab region;
- Land professionals and land practitioners with expertise and/or field experience on land related projects in the Arab region.
- Young scholars working in universities or other relevant research institutions conducting research dealing with land-related topics in the Arab region;
Additional eligibility criteria:
- Female applicants are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be nationals or resident of a country of the Arab region;
- Applicants must be maximum 45 years old;
- Applicants can apply individually or in group (max. of 3).
Land governance is a cross sectoral topic that relates to different aspects of the social and economic life of societies, touches upon different sectors including planning, economy, human rights, governance, law, etc. – and has technical, social, economic and political dimensions. This call for research proposals invites applicants from different backgrounds to submit their proposals focusing on one – or more than one – of the following topics:
- The nexus between land and conflict
- Land and socio-economic development
- Women and land
- Youth and land
- Land, natural resources (including water, minerals, extractives, etc.)
- Land and climate change (incl. land degradation, etc.)
- Land administration
- Land policies, laws and regulations
- Land-based investment, land markets, land value, land transactions
- Monitoring land governance and land tenure security
- Urbanization, planning, taxation and development control;
- Innovative land management tool
Accepted research proposals will be funded a total grant of USD 4000 as follows;
- USD 1,500 will be paid to the selected researcher after the selection.
- The remaining USD 2,500 will be paid to the researcher after the submission of the final research paper.
The submissions should contain:
- The name(s) and titles of the applicants
- Copies of the ID(s) of the applicant(s)
- Proof of residency in Arab Country (incase if non-Arab Candidate)
- The themes of the proposed research (selected from the list above)
- The proposed title of the research paper
- The geographical focus (one or more than one country in the Arab region)
- The outline (or table of content) of the research paper
- An abstract describing the proposed research (max 2000 words).
Submissions should be done in Word and PDF format and written in either in English, French or Arabic.
Submissions should be sent by 15 July 2020 to the following email address:
OFFICIAL LINK: https://arabstates.gltn.net/2020/06/02/call-for-proposals-for-research-projects-on-land-governance-in-the-arab-region/?fbclid=IwAR0G6Ej3_DX2ckaLMDZslhApeTnMaZICiuGJ87Oj9ZAxRbibaFLtw9M-lNE