2019 Union for International Cancer Control (UICC) Young Leaders Programme
Deadline: June 16, 2019.
The Young Leaders Programme identifies and supports aspiring young professionals in cancer control by providing unique opportunities for peer-to-peer learning, for connecting and networking with experienced leaders, as well as the chance to engage and participate in recognised international and regional events.
Seven individuals will be selected this year and the programme will commence at the 2019 World Cancer Leaders’ Summit in Kazakhstan and conclude at the 2020 World Cancer Congress(link is external) in Oman.
- Up to and including 40 years of age at the application deadline (16 June 2019)
- Emerging cancer control professional with demonstrated impact in their network/organisation
- Fluent in English (both spoken and written) for successful interaction at an international level
- Self-starter with proven experience in community engagement and mobilisation in their local setting
The programme gives successful applicants the chance to:
1. Attend the World Cancer Leaders’ Summit (WCLS) where Young Leaders will have the opportunity to contribute and learn from global discussions on current topics in cancer control, and network with influential and experienced leaders from around the world.
2. Participate in an event or organise a study visit aligned with their interests and expertise during the 12 months following the WCLS, to create regional impact or initiate a regional collaboration.
3. Attend the World Cancer Congress (WCC) to benefit from the breadth of discussions and learning opportunities available, and to share experiences and best practices through a dedicated session.
4. Join the UICC Young Leaders Alumni community at the end of the programme and become part of a proactive and prestigious network who support and actively engage with UICC.