2019 Old Mutual Zimbabwe/British Council in Zimbabwe Value Creation Challenge
Deadline: September 30, 2019.
The Value Creation Challenge (#VCCzw) is a nationwide opportunity supported by Eight2Five in partnership with Old Mutual Zimbabwe and British Council in Zimbabwe, aimed at supporting businesses and ideas that provide innovative and sustainable solutions to Zimbabwe’s socio-economic challenges.
- The Eight2Five Value Creation Challenge is a nationwide competition powered by Old Mutual which wants to support businesses and ideas that transform how we do business, help address socio-economic issues and improve the society of Zimbabwe as a whole.
- The Competition is open, without charge, to any citizen of Zimbabwe between the ages of eighteen (18) and thirty-five (35).
- The applicants shall complete the application process on the challenge dedicated website valuecreation.co.zw
- Employees of the Old Mutual group, or family members of an employee of the Old Mutual group shall not qualify for the competition.
- The Applicant should have ownership rights over the business or idea they submit for the competition.
Old Mutual shall offer the following prizes to the successful Applicants;
- Business development services in the form- Marketing, accounting, human resources, investment, intellectual property and legal and governance workshops and mentoring for the top ten winners
- Office space allocation at the Eight2Five hub for a period of six (6) months free of charge.
- In addition to the above mentioned, the top three winners will receive an equivalent of USD$ 50,000. This shall be paid in the local currency converted using the interbank rate
- The first winner shall be entitled to an amount equivalent to USD$25,000.
- The second winner shall be entitled to an amount equivalent to USD$15,000
- The third winner shall be entitled to an amount equivalent to USD$10,000
- The prizes will be paid through a CABS account and CABS will offer a personal banker free of charge during the period of funds disbursement
- Disbursement of funds- The monetary prize will be distributed after the six (6) month incubation program has been completed at the Eight2Five Hub, or location to be advised by the company to the top three monetary prize winners.