2019 Leap Africa Social Innovators Programme for Young Nigerians
Deadline: August 4, 2019.
SIPA is a yearly immersive fellowship that empowers and equips 20 young African changemakers with requisite skills and tools for building sustainable enterprises. They are currently accepting applications for our 2019/2020 cohort.
The program is open to any solution that addresses an important problem in the society more effectively than existing solutions. The innovation may be through various expressions- a process(i.e. using a new approach), a product, or a service.
1. The requirements for a social innovation are that your solution adopts a new approach than was existing, is practical and effective in solving the problem, meets a social need, and empowers (i.e enhances society’s capacity to act collectively)
2. Your innovation does not have to be a product. It may also be a process innovation (using a new approach)or a service.
3. Young persons between the ages of 18-35 years, whose ideas and initiatives offer effective solutions to challenges in local communities across Nigeria.
4. Initiators/co-founders of a social-focused venture/enterprise/ Foundation, located in Nigeria.
5. Applicants must have been involved in operating their venture/enterprise beyond one to three years prior to the commencement of the Fellowship
6. Initiator/ co- founder must be available for the full course of the 12 month period to implement the learnings into sustaining their innovation/ enterprise.
7. You have to demonstrate/ provide evidence that your solution/ initiative/ enterprise has been running for a period of at least 12 months
During the course of the Fellowship, Fellows will be exposed to:
- 6 day residential sustainability training/ workshop
- Mentoring by seasoned professionals
- Webinars, online learning and advisory support
- Alumni meet-ups and networking access to global opportunities and fellowships