2022 LEAP Africa Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning Recruitment
LEAP Africa is a non-profit organization focused on raising dynamic, innovative and principled leaders who will drive positive transformation in Africa. They provide relevant and tailored interventions that support effective youth transitions in the area of education, entrepreneurship & employability, civic participation and social mobility for young Africans.
They are on a strategic journey towards building a world class institution that will be an ecosystem builder, a thought leader and a development hub for young people. They are seeking to hire a Senior Coordinator, Monitoring, Evaluation Research and Learning who will support the achievement of the organisation’s strategic goals of “Making secondary education work and Developing talents for the SDGs” in Africa.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Report and work closely with the Manager- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning in leading the design, development and implementation of MERL functions and to ensure organizational effectiveness for LEAP Africa.
2.Supervise and coordinate the implementation of data collection, analysis and evaluation of both programmes and research projects.
3.Lead the process of curriculum development, and review as well as supporting mapping of best practices research for the LEAP’s curriculum .
4.Carry out writing activities for the organization – disseminating evidence obtained from research work which includes white papers, concept notes, research and evaluation reports, policy briefs, infographics, peer reviews and articles.
5.Support the development of evaluation, impact and research reports and products including policy briefs, info-graphics, articles and Op-eds.
6.Contribute to ongoing research, evaluation and learning plans, as well as design and report documentation.
7.Work with programmes team and partners in the conceptualization, design and development of impact measurement frameworks, indicators and monitoring plans for projects.
8.Design, test and refine data collection and evaluation tools in line with LEAP’s objectives and ensuring quality assurance and control in line with international standards.
9.Prepare project reports on time, in-line with stakeholders expectations and appropriate for non – technical audiences.
10.Identify and engage new strategic partners in getting relevant research grants for the organization.
11.Carry out critical and complex analyses of data including visualization of project data and dashboard designs to display project impact, and communicate conclusions clearly with actionable recommendations.
12.Conduct learning activities, dissemination of lessons learnt and facilitating Monitoring and Evaluation learning sessions.
13.Develop systems-level advocacy materials in line with the organization’s strategic pillars.
14. Conduct periodical longitudinal analysis of the organization’s strategy.
15. Support in hosting convenings and dissemination of programme findings.
16. Carry out all other tasks assigned by your supervisor.
The required candidate should possess the following:
1. Minimum of a Masters degree in the social sciences or related field (Should be well grounded in research)
2. Minimum of 4 years experience in Monitoring and evaluation (with significant knowledge of the development sector).
3. A high level of written and verbal communication, including an ability to write in clear and concise language
4. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office suite- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Power BI
5. Proficiency in the sue of data analysis and data presentation tools such as SPSS, Power BI, and Sparta
6. Candidate must show evidence of published works like research papers, articles, white papers, policy briefs, O-peds etc.
7. Strong presentation skills and experience in stakeholder management.
8. Experience in field work and data collection with willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
9. Entrepreneurial in nature and proactive.
10.Strong work ethics, a self driven and very creative
11.Entrepreneurial in nature and proactive.
12.Looking to work in a fast paced project and organisation.
13.Aligned in thought and actions with LEAP ‘s values ( RISE – Respect, Integrity, Synergy and Excellence).
Key technical competencies to succeed in this role:
● Program/Project Management Skills
● Proficiency in the use of Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks
● Data analysis and Presentation skills
● Report writing Skills
● Communications Skills
● Stakeholder Management Skills
● Strong organisational skills
● Budget Management Skills
● Training/Facilitation Skills