2019 LEAP Africa Finance and Admin Manager Recruitment
Deadline: May 23, 2019.
LEAP Africa seeks to recruit a Manager to oversee all Finance and Administrative activities in the organisation
LEAP Africa offers innovative leadership and work readiness programmes for youth with the primary aim of equipping them to live productively, lead ethically and motivating them to deliver positive change in their communities by either championing community development efforts or building sustainable social enterprises.
– Report to and work closely with the Executive Director and the Board Finance committee in the preparation of the organizational annual budgets, monitoring of all project and operational expenditures in line with the approved budget and work plan.
– Preparing weekly and monthly budget reports.
– Control and manage the project petty cash ensuring timely disbursement and that there is supporting documents for all transaction, follow up on requests and requisitions; ensure accurate recording and filing of all financial documents.
– Perform monthly bank reconciliations, interface primarily with the bank on all LEAP’s accounts matters, review accounting transactions to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures.
– Preparation of quarterly cash flow projections based on approved budgets.
3. Financial Reporting:
– Preparation of regular financial reports for the management team and the board.
– Preparation of annual financial report and audit report working with external auditors.
– Preparation of programme financial report, programme profit and loss report etc, working alongside the programme/project leads.
4. Regulatory Compliance:-
– Handling yearly statutory audits, monthly PAYE and WHT tax remittances, annual returns filing with CAC, weekly SCUML reporting, 501(3)c etc.
5. Financial Processes, Systems and Structures:
– Establish and enforce proper accounting and internal control systems, payment, expense and retirement process, asset management, insurance etc.
6. Fundraising and Stakeholder Management:
– Ensure the Proper investment of LEAP’s fund with best returns over time.
– Coordinate and supervise the sale of LEAP books.
– Establish relevant partnerships for the provision of resource items to support LEAP’s programmes and operations.
– Manage all activities as it relates to the LEAP Institute including coordinating stakeholders, fundraising and managing the accounts of the Institute.
7. HR Strategy and Administration:-Supervise the HR officer in the planning and administration of all HR strategies relating to employee engagement, recruitment and selection, performance management, staff welfare, compensation and benefits, discipline, succession planning etc.
8. Procurement:-Supervise the Procurement Officer to ensure the proper certification of all vendors, contractors and local partners in various programme locations, ensuring payment within established local banking procedures.
Supervise and manage the procurement life cycle for programmes and operations, proper asset registration, tracking, regular maintenance and management.
9. Office Administration:-Supervise and manage the proper day to day running of the organization ensuring office supplies are promptly replenished as necessary, repair and maintenance and optimization of all LEAP’s assets, facility management, ensure the office is conducive for working.
Monitor and analyse all financial, administrative, and procurement activities in the organization, review relevant documents and reports; identify problems and issues and proffer and execute efficient solutions; work with relevant partners and track follow-up actions.
10. Perform other organizational projects and tasks assigned by your supervisor.
1. Technical Competencies
– Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting.
– 5 – 7 years’ experience in finance-related functions and significant experience in handling or supervising office administration, procurement and human resource in the social development/NGO industry.
– ACCA / ACA/MBA or an MSc in Finance is required.
– Demonstrate proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project and working with ERP systems.
– Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in English.
– Knowledge of IFRS accounting practices.
– International exposure and travel experience is an added advantage.
2. Behavioural Competencies:-
– Demonstrates integrity by modelling the LEAP’s values and ethical standards.
– Strong analytical, innovative and problem-solving skills
– Strong customer service skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical end -users in a pleasant, cooperative and helpful manner.
– Well experienced in financial planning, budgeting for non-profit, partnership and stakeholder management.
– Managerial /Supervisory experience is required.