2019 International Young Women Mediation Forum
Deadline: December 9, 2018.
The International Young Women Mediation Forum will be held by the International Centre for Peace, Human Rights and Development in Africa (IPHRD-Africa) and is supported by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ).
The International Young Women Mediation Forum will bring together 23 young female
mediators from Africa and Europe. Participants will include members of different women mediators’ networks such as FemWise-Africa, Women Mediators across the Commonwealth (WMC), and the Mediterranean Women Mediators Network (MWMN). The Forum aims to tackle the lack of representation of young women in mediation processes. Between 1992 and 2011, women globally only made up 2% of chief mediator, 4% of witnesses and signatories, and 9% of negotiators (UN Women 2012).
Applicants must be female.
1. Applicants should be between the age of 18-35.
2. Applicants should have engaged in peace processes in one or more ways indicated in the application form.
3. Applicants should be fluent in at least English or French.
4. Applicants must have a demonstrable plan for how to utilize the skills, knowledge and learning gained from the Forum.
5. Applicants should demonstrate ability to work in multicultural groups, and be respectful of diversity.
6. Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents (passport and yellow fever card) prior to acceptance.
1. Complete application form.
2. A cover letter detailing your motivation and reason for interest in the Forum. Please
outline your work on mediation.
3. Recent curriculum vitae.