2019 British Council & Social Enterprise UK World Forum Bursary for UK-Based Social Enterprises
Deadline: July 7, 2019.
The British Council is partnering with Social Enterprise UK to offer shortlisted social enterprises in certain categories of the UK Social Enterprise Awards 2019 a bursary to attend the 2019 Social Enterprise World Forum (SEWF) in Ethiopia.
The annual UK Social Enterprise Awards act as a valuable indicator of the social enterprise movement within the UK. SEUK has recently opened its applications for the 2019 Awards across 14 different categories.
Social enterprises that are shortlisted in the following categories will be eligible for the bursaries:
- Category 1: Social Enterprise in the UK
- Category 8: Education, Training and Jobs Social Enterprise
- Category 11: Women in Social Enterprise
- Category 12: International Impact
Applications are only open to organisations who have applied to the Social Enterprise
Awards UK 2019 and are shortlisted as part of this process. To be eligible to apply for
the British Council UK Bursary for the SEWF 2019 you must fulfil all of the following
1. Meet the required awards criteria as set out by SEUK;
2. Be based in the UK;
3. Have a UK based bank account;
4. Have no conflict of interest relating to their involvement as a grantee;
5. Accept the requirements in relation to intellectual property rights;
6. Be prepared to produce a short blog or alternative communication, in agreement
with the British Council, regarding your experience at SEWF 2019.
Worth £1,000 each, the bursaries are intended to contribute to the cost of flights, accommodation and tickets to the 2019 SEWF which will take place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia between 23 and 25 October.