2019 British Council in Zimbabwe Examinations Services Officer Vacancy
Deadline: January 2, 2019.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.We work in over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face to face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications.
They are inviting applications online for the post of Exams Officer Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. This role is a maternity cover and the successful candidate is expected to provide support to the Examinations Manager in the areas of exams administration, customer service and finance and operations.
- It is open to candidates with existing rights to work in Zimbabwe.
- Diploma in Business Management or another relevant field
- Customer service and key accounts and partnership management
- Events/projects management
A. Exam Delivery
1. Processing exam papers: S/he will implement and assure security of exam materials according to QCA standards in Bulawayo and any surrounding exams sites. This includes: secure unpacking, packing, counting, logging and shredding of materials as well as using stock management systems and equipment inventories to ensure secure materials and equipment can be tracked internally and externally.
2. Event planning & management: The post holder will negotiate & book venues for exams which meet agreed standards and demonstrate value for money.
B. Contributing to effective management
1. Managing individuals or teams: The successful candidate is expected to recruit and select venue staff, including CIE examiners and ensure a sufficient number of effectively trained staff is available for each test administration. S/he should understand recruitment and selection procedures and apply them to venue staff recruitment process with manager’s guidance.
2. Contributing to effective, compliant financial processes and accurate financial information: The post holder will be expected to prepare supporting documentation for income reconciliations, raise purchase orders, process invoices, plan/monitor simple budgets as well as checking venue staff/examiner payments.
Please refer to the role profile for more information on the role responsibilities/accountabilities and person specification. Follow the links for relevant document to support your application: