2019 British Council in Nigeria Project Officer Vacancy
Deadline: January 11, 2019.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
They work in over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face to face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications.
The British Council in Nigeria has an exciting Project Officer role in the Arts space. This position is ideal for someone who has at least 2 years working experience in project delivery support and a demonstrated experience managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders.
The post holder will work with the Project Managers (Arts), the West Africa Arts team and the wider British Council team to deliver programmes, audiences and partnerships which contribute to the British Council’s arts programme in West Africa.
This role requires a candidate that is well organised with great attention to detail and good communication skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised institution
2. Fluency in written and spoken English & ability to communicate effectively in English
3. Minimum 2 years working experience in project delivery support
4. Demonstrable experience managing relationships with external clients, partners and stakeholders
5. Experience organising and managing events
6. Experience working in creative sector in West Africa or the UK advantageous
7. The role holder will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
This role will:
1. Afford the post holder exposure to different internal and external stakeholders in the arts and creative industries in West Africa and the UK.
2. Increase the knowledge and use of SAP (financial management software) of the post holder
3. Involve working to tight deadlines to support project delivery through administrative support and other tasks
4. Involve negotiating with external vendors to get best value for money for the council.
5. Need to use the monitoring and evaluation tools of the British Council to report projects delivered