2023 West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) Programme & Administrative Officer Recruitment
Deadline: September 30, 2023.
The West Africa Civil Society Institute (WACSI) is a regional non-governmental organisation dedicated to enhancing the capacities of civil society organizations in West Africa toward greater sustainability and operational and development effectiveness.
WACSI wishes to engage a Programme and Administrative Officer who will be responsible for providing the necessary assistance in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Institute’s strategy in Nigeria.
- Work closely with the Node’s Manager to conceptualize and implement projects
- Develop Node’s annual workplan/activities and budget for review and approval
- Coordinate developing, managing, and strengthening networking and interactions between staff, CSOs, partners, and consultants (Node’s associates).
- Assist in coordinating the organisation of High-Level dialogues, consultative forums, and related workshops on topical issues in Nigeria and beyond.
- Facilitate and strengthen positive relations between the Node and media outlets in Nigeria
- Provide quarterly reporting of Node’s internal and external activities to the management
- Serve as liaison for the Node, other units, and project activities implemented in Nigeria
- Represent the Node and the Institute at local and international meetings, forums or workshops
- Draft project budget, including vendor’s analysis, bill tracking, payments, and other financial transactions
- Assist in monitoring activities and liaise with WACSI’s M&E team on implementation framework;
- Lead the dissemination and amplification of Node’s visibility and activities to all development stakeholders.
- Organize logistics for training workshops, convenings, and learning events
- Completes all paperwork required for activity funding and seeks management’s approval
- Attend weekly and monthly Node’s check-in meetings with other Node staff.
- ·Any other duties that will be assigned by the Node’s Manager and/or WACSI Executive Director
- Resolve routine administrative problems using standard operating procedures and office guidelines.
- Provide logistical support for training, workshops, conferences, and other programme-related activities
- Oversee the preparation and management of administrative correspondence within WACSI Node Nigeria and the different partners.
- Maintain the confidentiality of communications and documents, as required.
- Maintain a proper log of all incoming and outgoing correspondence, as required by WACSI guidelines.
- Set up, maintain, and update filing systems (hard copy and electronic) for all field documentation, sharing as necessary with the WACSI office in Accra.
- Coordinate travel, including ensuring proper authorization, bookings, and car and driver logs.
- Coordinate the proper use of telephone and mail services (including mail courier services) and other administrative duties.
They welcome candidates who show the following characteristics;
· Strong interest and deep knowledge in capacity development within civil society in West Africa;
· Excellent interpersonal and people-management skills;
· Good communication, writing, organizational, and project implementation skills in addition to good quantitative and qualitative analytical skills;
· Attention to detail and results-oriented;
· Ability to multi-task and a team player;
· Ability to work without supervision; dynamic, self-motivated;
· High proficiency in English and/or French.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications;
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, with an advanced degree preferred.
- At least 5–10 years of experience in civil society capacity strengthening, project management and supervision.
- Previous working experience in the civil society sector in West Africa.
- Have good communication and excellent writing skills in English and/or French languages.
- Have the ability to pay attention to details and be results-oriented.
- Have the ability to work in a multicultural and highly diverse environment and
- Willingness to travel, including on short notice, is required.
Apply through the OFFICIAL LINK