2019 British Council Ghana Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project
Deadline: January 9, 2019.
The 2019 application for Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project is open. The aim of the Jobs for Youth: Migration and Employment Promotion Project is to provide young Ghanaians with holistic learning and development opportunities to create jobs for themselves and others leveraging on their core skills and the local economic opportunities. The project is funded by GIZ and is managed by the British Council.
The project is in 3 stages
3200 Successful applicants will receive; 5-day short term entrepreneurship training
400 start-ups of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 4 months business Incubation services
90 businesses of entrepreneurs who have successfully completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 3 months business acceleration services
Applicants must therefore be committed to the programme and its duration of 9 months.
The project is targeted at Ghanaians who are
- Between 18 – 35 years
- Entrepreneurs/interested in entrepreneurship
- Returnee migrants
- Young women
- Out of school youth
- Under-represented individuals within urban districts of Accra, Kumasi and Sunyani
1. Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- Why you want to be an entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- What benefit you hope this programme will provide your business idea/ business?
2. A copy of a valid ID
3. All applications will be received online. Access the application form here