2019 British Council Ghana Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth programme
Deadline: September 20, 2019.
The Enhancing Employability of Urban Youth programme aims to enable young women and men in urban areas to acquire skills and experiences that are relevant to them having jobs either as seekers or creators of jobs.
The project is in three stages
1000 Successful applicants will receive a 10-day social entrepreneurship training
200 social enterprise start-ups who have successfully completed stage 1 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive; 2 months business Incubation services
20 successful social entrepreneurs who have completed stage 2 and have been selected through a pitch competition will receive 2 months business acceleration services
- Must be aged between 18 – 35 years.
- Must be Ghanaian
- Entrepreneurial edge: Must be self-driven, resilient, committed and coachable
- Must be committed to the programme and its duration of 6 months.
1. Personal statement – maximum 500 words covering the following:
- What do you understand by the term ‘Social Enterprise’?
- Why you want to be a social entrepreneur?
- Why you think your business idea/ business will be successful?
- How does your social enterprise/ social enterprise idea aim to enhance employability in your society?
2. A copy of a valid ID
3. All applications will be received online. Access the application form via the link below: https://www.eventsforce.net/britishcouncil/2568/home