2019 British Council Driver Vacancy at Edo, Nigeria
Deadline: April 25, 2019.
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
The British Council in Nigeria is implementing the European Union Conflict Management in Nigeria programme under their Trust Fund (EUTF) and the Rule of Law and Anti-Corruption programme in Nigeria under their Development Fund programme (EUDF). We have agreed with the EU to deliver the Agents for Citizen-driven Transformation under the development fund. In partnership with COFFEY, we are delivering the Policing work under their Conflict Stability and Security Fund (CSSF) and have plans to position ourselves for DFID’s forthcoming Anti-Corruption in Nigeria (ACorN) programme. To support our existing contracts as well as future contracts, we are developing flexible structures that meet the global British Council standards to provide support to our FCR (Justice, Security and Conflict) work in Nigeria.
1. With proper journey planning, carry out driving and transportation duties in relation to travel bookings, activity and event management.
2. Ensure vehicles are serviced in line with the service schedule, periodic routine vehicle checks are made and that defects and damage are reported promptly.
3. Daily internal and external maintenance checks on all programme vehicles to ensure all vehicles are roadworthy before the start of any journey.
4. Ensure vehicles are cleaned, refuelled and vehicle checklists are filled on a daily basis.
5. Maintain vehicle log books, drivers’ licences log, journey and fuel records as required.
6. Provide ad hoc advice and information to visitors regarding the local area and transport facilities (programme and non-programme).
7. Clearly communicate transport arrangements and any changes to transport users and the responsible Operations Manager.
8. Provide proactive administrative support when not driving if and as required.
1. National Diploma or equivalent
2. Intermediate level driving certificate.
3. Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a driver with an international organization.
4. Experience of working as part of a successful team/function.
5. Knowledge of traffic rules and road network in the region.
6. Basic IT skills including word and excel.
7. Excellent customer service skills.