2019 British Council Belgium Internship Program
Deadline: January 20, 2019.
British Council Belgium, EU team is recruiting a paid Intern. The purpose of job is to contribute to the work of the British Council in creating impact at an EU and international level. This role will focus on advocating for the value of arts and culture for sustainable development, through providing support on key policy events and stakeholder engagement.
Brussels is home to the main institutions of the European Union. These institutions formulate policies, laws, and recommendations which are relevant to the work of the British Council in all regions of the world, and the EU funds a global portfolio of programmes in our core areas including Culture, Education, Governance and Civil Society.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To support with British Council’s presence at the European Development Days (18-20 June 2019).
2. This will include attending meetings, preparing and submitting applications, coordinating UK and international delegates’ attendance, organising panel sessions and stands, liaising with internal staff and external partners / EDD organisers, managing logistics, internal and external communication
3. To prepare for the Colloquium on Culture and Development (16-17 June 2019). This may involve attending meetings with EUNIC (EU national institutes of culture) and DG DEVCO.
4. To contribute to British Council’s presence at the Syria Conference in Brussels (April 2019).
5. This will include organising a cultural event, liaising with EUNIC, DEVCO and British Council colleagues, attending meetings and reporting back; logistics, travel and accommodation
6. To research and prepare briefings, organise meetings (both internal and external), liaise with partners, as well as providing communication support.
Role Profile: Intern, Culture and Development EU.pdf