2018/2019 Visualize 2030 Google Cloud Competition
Deadline: November 16, 2018.
If you’re a college or graduate student, this is your chance to make an impact on the global community.
From ending poverty to preserving biodiversity, The 2030 Agenda is made up of 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that define a plan of action for people, planet, and prosperity. These goals seek to meaningfully transform three critical areas: ending poverty, helping society, and preserving the environment.
Tell a data-driven story that reveals how at least two SDGs influence each other and what actions might be taken in order to reach those goals by 2030.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must meet all of the following criteria:
a. You must be a Student registered for the Contest by joining the following private Google Group: [email protected].
b. You must be an individual Student participant; team submissions are prohibited.
c. You must be over the age of majority in the country in which you reside.
d. You must not be: (i) resident of a US embargoed country, (ii) ordinarily resident in a US embargoed country, (iii) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs as not eligible to participate in the Contest; (iv) a resident of Quebec; (v) a resident of the People’s Republic of China, or (vi) a Student in any country that has become subject to the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions.
2. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of Google or of the IGO/NGO Entities or their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and the respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents of any of the above (“Contest Entities”) are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. If you are entering as part of a company or on behalf of your employer, these rules are binding on you, individually, and/or your employer. If you are acting within the scope of your employment, as an employee, contractor, or agent of another party, you warrant that such party has full knowledge of your actions and has consented thereto, including your potential receipt of a prize. You further warrant that your actions do not
violate your employer’s or company’s policies and procedures.
4. The Sponsors reserve the right to verify eligibility and to adjudicate on any dispute at any time.
1. No purchase necessary to win. In order to enter the Contest and be considered for the Prize, each Student must:
a. Create a Data Story using only the SDG Data made available for the purposes of this Contest. Students will be disqualified if they’re deemed to have used any external data sources, public or private, or have modified the SDG Data.
b. Submit only one Data Story using the submission form accessible via
http://cloud.google.com/visualize-2030 or the Visualize 2030 Data Stories Google Group.
c. Complete and submit the Visualize 2030 application form before 11:59:59 PST, November 16th ,2018. Submissions made after this date will not be considered.
2. Limit one Contest entry per Student participant.
3. Entries are void if they are in whole or part illegible, incomplete, damaged, altered, counterfeit, obtained through fraud, or late. All entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, and the potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder for that email address. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet service provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain.
The top five eligible submissions will receive:
- $10,000 (USD) cash prize
- Announcement during the
World Economic Forum at Davos
- Publication by Google Cloud