2021 West African Institute of Public Health (WAIPH) Health Literacy Leadership Programme
Deadline: February 1, 2021.
The West African Institute of Public Health (WAIPH) is a non-state regional health development organisation (RHDO) for strengthening public health, enabling environment, improving public health systems and developing the professional capacity to ensure the performance of public health functions.
Health Literacy Leadership Programme (HLLP) was designed by the Institute to improve health information, communication and promotion in order to to equip young people with advocacy and leadership skills to position them as change agents and advocates towards promoting health literacy and influencing policy makers in achieving a UHC.
1. Participants are expected to be engaged in an intensive two-day virtual teaching.
2. For the period of 3 months, participants are expected to visit their immediate communities to make research on various health issues and challenges.
3. Submit reports of research and observations from their communities.
4. Publish at least one blog article month to advocate for key health issues and challenges in the society.
1. A master’s degree in any discipline and a minimum 2 years post graduation. Applicants should not be above 30 years at time of application.
2. Good command of English; the participants should possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team.
4. Adept at using major social media platforms Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn and participate effectively in tweet chats, interviews, articles, campaigns and meetings.
Interested applicants should send their expression of interest which should address how the candidate’s background relates to advocacy experience and the eligibility criteria mentioned and their curriculum vitae. These documents should be submitted to [email protected]
OFFICIAL LINK: http://www.publichealth-edu.org/hllp2021.html