2021 Shell P SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme for Young Nigerians from Niger Delta states.
Deadline: November 20, 2020.
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV) announces the commencement of the 2018 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme specifically targeting youths from Niger Delta states.
The purpose of LiveWIRE is to improve opportunities for young people to realise their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses. Such businesses will contribute towards a more buoyant economy and communities with more fulfilled young people.
The programme operates in the Niger Delta region and aims to inspire, encourage and support young people aged 18-35 to start up their own businesses in the Nigerian states of Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Abia, Imo, and Akwa-Ibom.
- Aged 18 – 35 from the Niger Delta states
- Have an innovative business idea
- Desire to own and manage a business
- Possess a University degree or HND in any discipline
- Have completed NYSC if applicable
- Not in paid employment
- For young people there is access to attractive, targeted, high quality, relevant programmes and opportunities to meet other young people with similar ambitions and challenges.
- For the joint venture partners especially Shell, there are Public Relations, media and brand opportunities aimed at demonstrating commitment to local economic development. In addition because LiveWIRE works in the area of youth development and small business (which in nearly every country around the world are major political and social concerns), it can provide platforms to involve government to interact with youths/future leaders. LiveWIRE can also provide good opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programmes.