2020 York University Canada York Science Scholars Award
Deadline: March 23, 2020.
York University’s Faculty of Science eagerly awaits applications for its prestigious York Science Scholars Award (YSSA) program. In keeping with our vision of preparing global thinkers to advance knowledge and human progress, the Science Scholars program nurtures the intellectual and career development of high-achieving, passionate science students entering our Faculty.
The 2020 York Science Scholars program provides up to 25 first-year entering students with awards worth $10,000 each. This Faculty of Science award is considered separately and in addition to any other York University or Faculty of Science admissions awards and scholarships.
1. All students, Canadian and International, who have applied for entrance to the York University Faculty of Science for full-time study starting in Fall 2020 are eligible to apply for this program.
2. Newly enrolled first year Faculty of Science students are eligible to receive this award.
Everyone understands the importance of finding the funds to successfully complete university. At York’s Faculty of Science, we also acknowledge the importance of hands-on experience in academic and career success. The York Science Scholars Award program combines:
- a $5,000 entrance scholarship
- a one-on-one mentorship from outstanding faculty members
- a guaranteed $5,000 paid summer research position for the summer following a student’s first year, and
- leading-edge research facilities.
1) Complete the application form
The most convenient and encourage method of submission is digitally. You can fill out the application form through our online portal or if you are submitting your application through hard copy, you can complete the form on your computer and then print it.
2) Write your personal statements
Please read the guidelines carefully and choose two topics in which you are the most passionate about.
3) Find at least two references. Only one can be a teacher
Choose references who know you well in a professional or academic setting and can write in regards to your character and qualities. We will accept up to three references with only one being a teacher (either taught you directly, supervised a club or coached you).
They encourage your referees to submit their form digitally by emailing email@example.com no later than March 23, 2020 11:59PM.
You are responsible for ensuring that these documents are submitted on time or your application will be at risk of disqualification.
4) Prepare your resume
Please include all paid employment, volunteer experience and any involvement in clubs and activities.
5) Submit your application!
Please submit your application here: York Science Scholars Award
Hard Copy submission
Please submit a hard copy of your application to:
York Science Scholars Award
Faculty of Science, York University
352 Lumbers Building, 4700 Keele St.
Toronto, ON M3J 1P3
Documents must be received and date stamped by the Faculty of Science