2020 YALI RLC East Africa/Dow Sustainability and Circular Economy Concepts for Leaders in Africa
Deadline: January 20, 2020.
The Young African Leaders Initiative Regional Leadership Center East Africa (YALI RLC EA) and Dow, a materials science company, have partnered to invest in young African leaders who will engage and advance sustainability and circular economy both for personal, business opportunity and advancing the engagement within their communities, country and continent.
The 4-week residential program will engage in leadership training in the Sustainability and Circular economy sector focusing on individual and team leadership skills, innovation and communication. The program’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning, which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually, and in teams.
1. Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission
2. Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda
3. Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya
4. Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English
5. Must have a passport valid for the period of the program
6. Ability to commit to a four-week residential training program
1. There is no fee to apply for or participate in the program.
2. The program will cater for round-trip transportation to the Center, lodging, meals, and course materials for the successful participants.
1. Demonstrated leadership, engagement, interest and/or professional experience in the sustainability and the circular economy
2. Active engagement in community service, volunteerism or mentorship
3. The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others
4. Strong social and communication skills
5. An energetic and positive attitude
6. A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your community, country, the continent of Africa and beyond