2020 Vital Voices & Bank of America Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) for Women Entrepreneurs
Deadline: February 28, 2020.
The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) is designed for women entrepreneurs and social entrepreneurs – providing mentorship, training and a network of support to help grow your business/organization and your personal development. The program includes one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills.
The program is a partnership between Vital Voices, a leading NGO in women’s leadership and development and Bank of America, based on a shared belief in the need to invest in women who are creating economic and social progress around the world.
- A woman entrepreneur or social entrepreneur who owns a majority stake in a qualifying business / organization, is the key decision maker in the business / organization and manages it on a day-to-day basis
- The applicant must have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a professional setting
- The applicant must have worked in her existing business / organization for a minimum of 5 years
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices’ Leadership Model” – Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in their communities and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls.
- Demonstrate high-potential for leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within and outside of their business / organization
Please note, very important – if you are involved in more than one business / organization, the above criteria must apply to the business / organization that you would like to focus on during this mentorship opportunity
- For profit or social entrepreneur of a legally registered business / organization+ (for this program, a social enterprise is a business / organization with a social mission and an earned revenue stream) that is engaged in providing solutions to climate change and environmental sustainability.
- Should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 150,000 and a maximum annual revenue of US$ 10 million
- One week in-person training program in New York City, including:
- Strategic Planning for Business Growth
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications workshops including Branding, Social & Digital Media, Public Speaking and Executive Presence
- Participation in Bank of America’s Center for Women Entrepreneurs LIVE event
- A 1:1 mentoring relationship with an established woman executive. Previous mentors include: Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group; Ibukun Awosika, Chairman, Board of Directors, First Bank of Nigeria Ltd.; Dr. Sachiko Kuno, President and CEO, S&R Foundation; Luz Maria de la Mora, Undersecretary for Foreign Trade, Mexico’s Secretariat of Economy; Manal Zraiq, General Director, Massar International; Ana Birchall, Deputy Prime Minister of Romania; Norah Casey, Broadcaster, Author, Publisher.
- Inclusion in the Vital Voices network of more than 16,000 women from 181 countries and territories around the world.
- Opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with women from around the globe.
- Opportunities for your business/organization to be profiled via digital channels, social media and in earned media coverage.
- On-going support and mentorship, specific to your needs, through the Global Ambassadors Program for 1+ year
- All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program are covered in full by the Global Ambassadors Program
- 10 applicants will be chosen to participate and notified by mid to late March 2020
- Applications will be assessed to determine participants based on a variety of factors, including the following considerations:
- Ability to commit to the entire week of in-person program, training, mentorship and pre-event webinars – no exceptions
- Submitted Business / Strategic Plan and identified needs for development
- Alignment with the Vital Voices Leadership model
- Willingness to accept feedback and coaching from mentors
- Ability to implement change within her business/organization
- Anticipated impact on business or organization based on application
- Willingness to help shape the community dialogue about women’s advancement in their region, and wield the influence necessary to do so.
- Complete and submit this online Application Questionnaire
- Submit a two-minute video (described in the last section of this application)