2020 Vital Voices GROW Fellowship (VV GROW) for Female Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 31, 2019.
Research indicates that the real drivers of the global economy are women. As business leaders, employees, consumers and entrepreneurs, women are accelerating economic growth and improving conditions in their communities. Despite the proven benefits of women’s economic engagement, women business owners face disproportionate barriers in growing their businesses: they have difficulty accessing business networks, technology, training, financing, markets, and equal protection under the law.
1. The Vital Voices GROW Fellowship (VV GROW) is a leading global accelerator program for women owners of small and medium sized businesses.
2. Reside in the same country as their business for at least 7 months out of the year.
3. Business has been operating for at least 3 years
1. The program includes customized business skills training, leadership development, technical assistance, and access to networks. Through online and in-person trainings, Fellows focus on strategy and long-term business value, and put those concepts to work with action-oriented strategic plans to grow their businesses. They amplify their role as leaders in their businesses and communities by creating jobs, stimulating long-term economic growth and producing wider social benefits.
2. Through the program, participants gain knowledge and skills in strategic planning, financial management, marketing, sales, strategic networking, leadership, human resources and communications. Fellows get access to valuable technical assistance and become a part of a supportive global network of women business owners, as well as the Vital Voices network.
3. There is a participation fee of USD 1,500 for this program, which is approximately 5% of the overall program cost per participant. The fee can be paid in installments and a limited number of need and merit based scholarships will be available to accepted applicants. Vital Voices will cover all travel expenses (flight, accommodations, meals, visa fees) for the 3-4-day in-person training.