2020 Sida International Training Program on Media Regulation in Africa
Deadline: April 1, 2020.
This ITP is a fellowship programme that provides a forum and platform for constructive, creative dialogue between high-level representatives from media, government and civil society on how to improve self-regulatory and regulatory frameworks for media.
Media has the ability to enable greater participation in public life, hold the powerful to account, and can serve as platforms for dialogue and the protection of individual rights. But if media is to fulfil its potential role effectively, updated regulatory frameworks need to be in place and adapted to the new media landscape.
The Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) has commissioned NIRAS Sweden AB to organise this ITP in cooperation with International Media Support (IMS), Fojo Media Institute/Linnaeus University, and Global Reporting Sweden AB.
Applicants to the programme should:
• hold a key position in their organisation, with influence on a strategic level
• have the drive and power to initiate and drive change processes
• be highly proficient in English
• hold a relevant academic degree
• be available and motivated for active participation through the whole training programme.
At the end of the training programme, participating individuals and organisations shall have obtained:
1. Increased knowledge about media and freedom of expression in relation to media policy.
2. Extended professional national, regional and international networks.
– Greater awareness of human rights, gender equality and security for journalists and media actors.
3. Increased knowledge and capacity to inititate structured, long-term transformational work within and outside the respective organisations.